Speaker Bio & Presentations
Dr Marc H Boff is a Doctorate of Physical Therapy, Licensed and Accredited Athletic Trainer and holds multiple training and fitness certifications. He is the owner of MHB Fitness LLC, a Los Angeles based concierge fitness wellness consultation service that specializes in physical therapy/fitness/wellness care as well as consultation on welleness products and services; design and development, strategic marketing and parnerships, and programming. Dr Boff has served as the Physical Wellness Expert for the Guest Houe Ocala for 6 + years. Prior to MHB Fitness, Dr Boff worked as a Physical Therapist, Atheltic Trainer or Performance Coach in the NBA for 4 teams over 20 seasons, including the Boston Celtics, New Orleans Hornets, Chicago Bulls, and last, the Milwaukee Bucks where he was the Director of Sports Medicine. Dr Boff also served as the Director of Sports Medicine for NBC’s The Biggest Loser during their final 3 seasons.
Presentations & Workshops
Where Are They? Importance of a Physical Wellness Expert and Plan to an Integrated Mental Health Program
If physical wellness is an integral part of the continuum of care towards achieving and maintaining mental health and wellness, where’s the expert and where’s the plan? We will define and discuss wellness, including the history and the pillars and how important it is to include the physical side of wellness to achieve overall wellness in an Integrated Mental Health program. We will dive into the science and benefits of physical activity and its significant importance as a tool in a plan of care. We will define a Physical Wellness Expert and explain why they should be part of every interdisciplinary team.
- Define wellness including history, pillars, and importance in mental health
- Discuss the importance of physical wellness, focusing on the body and physical activity
- Discuss the physiological impact of physical activity to a body under stress
- Discuss the importance of systematic progressive physical activity within a mental health program
- Explaining the importance of a Physical Wellness Expert as part of the interdisciplinary team; including understanding dosing and adapting to different client status levels
See More Speakers
The GXC Conference 2022 is dedicated to professionals who want to elevate their knowledge regarding therapeutic practices, treatment models, and the latest mental health, addiction, and wellness innovations.